Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hmmmnnn...

Well, I have my one-year-since-diagnosis MRI next Tuesday. Last Thursday, I had my 6-month check-up and my neuro found the clonus on my right foot was more sustained than last time (he measured it by the beats per minute it vibrated). He also noted my left arm was weaker. So, the MRI will let him know what's going on "up there" and will let him know if the copaxone is working.

My Fears
I guess one fear I have is the MRI revealing disease progression since last year. Also, another fear I have is getting on another medication, other than Copaxone. Copaxone seems to be the lesser of the evils since it's a non-interferon. The interferons may have stronger side effects, and honestly, I don't know if any of these medications do much anyways, to fight ms. But, I know I need to take it one day at a time, as my husband reminds me, and I also need to be open-minded because if I have to get on another medicine, it may help me. I can't help but think that this is a road I never wanted to travel on - that it, a road where you go from medicine-to-medicine and hope for the best.

I need to continue to read my Bible and pray for healing (I'm afraid I have not built a discipline yet). Also, I need to continue to strictly eat no yeast, no refined sugar, no wheat, no legumes, no dairy. I'm pretty good about eating no dairy at all (last time was Christmas). I do have a bite here and there of foods with yeast or wheat.

God Father, please help me, please heal me. Rid my body if ms. Lead me to the people who will help me on this journey, including your children who are neurologists, acupuncturists, etc. Lead me to your foods that will heal me and make me strong. In Jesus name, Amen. Thank you for listening and for never forsaking me.

Your daughter,
~Ana

4 comments:

Jesse said...

Ana, I can hear the fear in your words, which is completely understandable. Trust yourself, that you are doing everything possible to help your body fight this disease. Trust your doctors and the medicines that they think will help. And most of all, trust that God has you walking this path for a reason. Lord only knows what that reason is, and I certainly would not wish it on anyone. But He chose you for this, Ana, maybe to show the rest of us how to handle life with grace and dignity, the way you do. Maybe to draw you to Himself. Maybe to remind all of us that we are not promised a healthy life.

I'm praying for you- for your heart and your fears, and for physical healing of your body. Hang in there. You are doing a great job. :)

Jorge said...

Hey Ana... how did your MRI go? I just read your blog... I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep your faith that is already so strong. Keep doing what your doing in terms of educating yourself and eating the right things. I love you... stay strong sis!

Mark V. Glass said...

XR Nutrition Clarity has considerable potential. I'm really proficient at that conspiracy. I presume you might be right on

this, but you are going to need a couple of things. Here are some actual examples. Neat! Do we have that down cold now? I

will begin by discussing this in respect to it in the next installment.
XR Nutrition Clarity

Human said...

Hello Ana,
I would like to have a chat with you when you are available.